Sunday, 6 December 2015

Come to the Garden Party - Victoria

Come to the Garden Party

Planning for this event took months and it’s finally here! 

I invited many elderly and even hired the chocolate fountain. Plenty of people showed up and I was so stoked!

The reason for planning this event was to respect all the elderly war veterans and just to have fun with the Men and Women who had served our country for years if not decades.

We had a few small snacks and many main courses for them to pick from. Our small snacks included muffins, cookies, watermelon and other fruits and for our bigger meals, Kebabs and Chicken to Shrimp and Salmon.

For our venue, we hired out the nearby golf club which most of the Elderly had played at. It was just the best place to have the event. We also held a mini golf tournament between them all. It was great fun.

The reason why I named this event the ‘Garden’ party is from the Anzac fields where it shows all the passed away soldiers. The fields of their graves does not only showed the masses but shows that they had fought for peace and a garden means peace.

This event was splendid and I would love to organised another one. My favorite part was when a few veterans told me their story and I was in tears! Amazing event.