Monday, 30 November 2015

Snorkelling Recount

Snorkeling Recount

JPEG Image

As I stepped out the Bus at Matheson Bay I could feel that the day ahead of me would be a fun one full of new adventures and experiences. To start our day we had to have a talk about the day and what the rules were. I was really looking forward to the snorkelling. But I didn't know that something even better was about to happen.

My group's first activity was free time, I was really hoping that something better was going to happen. To my surprise we were told that we we were going on a quick walk up the river. The walk started of cool because we were told to walk across a fallen tree which was hanging over the river. I was one of the first people to get on the tree, I speed along the tree of my hands and knees and when I got to the end of the tree I jumped to get to the end but then i slipped and badly bruised my arm and leg. I wasn't the only unlucky one, Sky slipped of the tree and fell into the river. As we continued on the walk we came across a small waterfall and I went to drink the fresh water. At the top of the waterfall was a small swimming pool with a rope swing, Only ½ of my group got in the pool and i was upset because I couldn't have a swing on the rope swing. After about 10 minutes we got out of the pool and headed back to the clearing for our next activity.

I was happy to found out that our next activity was Snorkelling, I was happy to have my own wetsuit, snorkel and mask, I didn't really care about what fin’s I got. When everyone was suited up we headed for the point where we were going to start snorkelling. I was partnered up with one of the instructors because the board I was on was to full. I was happy to be with the instructor because I could move further ahead and see more things and also get of my board earlier. The only fish I sore were leather jackets and a huge crab and also a octopus. When we had finished snorkelling we were told to go on to the shore and take of our fin’s and then go up to are bags and get out of our wet suits  and get ready for our last rotation.

My last activity was a walk around the rock pools to try and find wildlife. We were unlucky to find any cool wildlife, The only really cool thing we found was a huge crab we found lots of starfish and shells though. One of the best things on the walk was the fact that there were little hot pools that you could sit in and keep warm. I had a fun time on the walk but I would be happier when i got home.

I had a really fun time on the snorkelling trip, But before i could go home and rest I would have to survive the bus ride back.