Monday, 9 November 2015

Recount -Victoria

CAMP 2015 - PSYV
DSCF7596.JPGWeeks and weeks of preparation and the day finally arrives. Rummaging through old t-shirts and worn out shoes to eventually fit everything into a small duffle bag. Tying up my shoelaces and heading towards camp took a couple years building up the excitement and it has finally arrived. Physically going to camp was a dream and now I get to experience what all the ex students have.
Screen Shot 2015-11-10 at 1.14.37 pm.png

Nugget.pngWe started off the first day with some Pre Morning Tea and the briefing where we were told where everything was and that the camp had some Camp pets! We got to our cabins, unpacked and familiarized ourselves then headed down to see Nugget.
Screen Shot 2015-11-09 at 11.25.52 am.png

Archery.pngOur first activities were the Initiative Course and Archery. After a few balancing exercises and squeezing through rubber tyres, it was my groups (The Tricksters) turn to take a few shots at the bullseyes. Somehow aiming at the middle bullseye (there were five bullseyes) gets you the top right smack bam in the middle. Your logic is as good as mine! After our first day we went for a beach walk and ended up in bed.

Screen Shot 2015-11-10 at 1.18.11 pm.pngScreen Shot 2015-11-10 at 1.16.34 pm.pngTin made pancakes is what my team made after breakfast. It was sort of a last minute dessert since our third activity was the Hobo Stoves. Moving on from our dessert, our fourth rotation was Air Rifles. I must admit, I was a natural hitting the tiny little silhouettes. Coming up to our fifth rotation, we had the Rock Climbing wall. This is just one of those activities where I wasn’t exactly a ‘natural’ but you know, at least I gave it a try! Then our final activity, the confidence course. Again, not exactly a natural! Falling butt first into the creek, bruising my legs and scraping my hands, still ending up completing the course.

Screen Shot 2015-11-09 at 11.23.56 am.pngScreen Shot 2015-11-10 at 1.21.16 pm.pngLater that night we had the talent quest and the water slide. Much preparation went into both personal and group dances and we ended up winning first for my group (the Tricksters) and the award for ‘different’ since drama wasn’t exactly the criteria. And for the water slide, my top nearly flew off when I hit the water! What an experience!

Screen Shot 2015-11-10 at 1.23.37 pm.pngScreen Shot 2015-11-10 at 1.25.51 pm.pngThe third and final full day at camp had arrived and we were all set to go to Snow Planet. We all had an option to either do Skiing or Snowboarding and I had picked Skiing. We had an hour lesson then started on the small slope. After many attempts, skiing from top to bottom, I decided to head for the big slope. I always went from the middle of the massive slope where you had to ski off this ‘seat’ escalator thing that took you to the top. I went up five times and every single time I had fallen over and the operator had to stop the entire slope! I was a natural skiing but not so much when it came to getting off the seat!