Wednesday, 4 March 2015

Callum’s Book Review THE DAY MY BUM WENT PSYCHO by Andy Griffiths

Callum’s Book Review
THE DAY MY BUM WENT PSYCHO
by Andy Griffiths the day my bum went psycho by Andy Griffiths..jpg

Today I’m going to review a really good book that I’ve read. The book is, The Day My Bum Went Psycho. It was written by Andy Griffiths, who has written loads of other very hilarious books. The Day My Bum Went Psycho is the first in a series of three books called The Bum Trilogy.  The other two books are Zombie Bums from Uranus and Bumageddon - The Final Pongflict.

This book is set in a world just like ours but there’s one major difference.  In this world, bums have a mind of their own  They can detach from their owners body and walk around, which is very different. The main characters in this book are our hero, Zac, his bum, Zac’s friend Eleanor, and an amazing bum fighting team (the Kicker, the Kisser and the Smacker).

In this story, a group of feral bums led by the Great White Bum and Zac’s bum, want to take over the world.  They are tired of being sat on and think they should be on top of the neck and not trapped down in our pants.  I don’t really think that the can take over the world.

I highly recommend you read this book series  It’s a really good book for kids who are beginning to read chapter books, but is funny enough that even your parents will giggle when they read it.  The Day My Bum Went Psycho, (and the following two books) are full of adventure, action, betrayal, romance and a whole lot of laughs. I  recommend this book this book for 11 to 12 years old . This book series is so good that they have even made it into a movie.  Here are some links to some clips of this movie if you're interested and want to find out more.

3 comments:

1. Well written review, Callum! I can tell you really love this series! good idea to include the links... I haven't watched them because I'm not quite sure I am the intended audience... who do you recommend this for?

ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Callum, Flynn here. Great writing Callum, I like the way you put in links as well:)

ReplyDelete