What I like about Guides is that you don’t have to have any important skills, it boosts my confidence and helps me face my fears. You go on lot’s of camps and have lots of opportunities, you can do it in your own time and you have a choice they don’t force you to do it. You get badges, certificates, award ceremonies, and most importantly you make new friends. It also helped me with leadership skills and it helped me become more independent when making decisions. I have been doing guides since I was about 5 and am still going. I go to Tahia Wahia Guides on Tuesday night from 5-7 pm. My leaders are; Sheena , Sue and Trixie.
The benefits of doing Girl Guiding
- You get to have a go at leading, by having your own patrol.
- You can go on lot’s of camps, jamborees and other outdoor activities.
- It’s a lot of fun!
- You meet new people and make new friends!
- You boost your confidence, face fears and get skills from doing it!
- You get the opportunity to sell Guide Biscuits, which are really yummy.
- GirlGuiding is done in over 145 countries!
- You get a Uniform, Sash and Handbook.
- You can start at the age of 5This is only for girls - Our mottois Be Prepared.Here are some links if you would like to check it out I suggest you do-